Massage Therapy and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (3 CE hours)
This course will enable you to identify symptoms and know the different classifications of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (commonly called TMJD) and the primary causes of it. You will become familiar with the muscles involved with Temporomandibular Joint Disorders and will be able to identify the most likely areas for painful trigger points, thus enabling you to provide safe and effective treatment.
Upon completion of this home study continuing education course, the massage practitioner should be able to:
- Define the term Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJD).
- Identify the muscles around the Temporomandibular Joint.
- List the bones of the Temporomandibular Joint.
- Locate the Temporomandibular ligament.
- List the suspected causes of TMJD.
- Describe the symptoms experienced by clients suffering from TMJD.
This course is presented for educational purposes only. It was developed and marketed specifically for massage therapists that are required to obtain continuing education hours for licensing purposes. The author is not giving medical, legal or other professional advice.
This course is classified as “Cognitive” learning, meaning that there is no hands-on portion.