We all know that hygiene and sanitation are important elements of massage practice. This course goes into detail explaining why, with a look at the potential bacteria, fungus and viruses that you can, and probably do, come into contact with every day.
Upon completion of this home study continuing education course, the massage practitioner should be able to:
- List four examples of dangerous fungus.
- List the modes of transmission.
- List three types of harmful bacteria.
- Name two examples of animal parasites.
- Describe the proper hygiene requirements for massage therapy.
- Explain how Norovirus and Influenza are transmitted.
This course is presented for educational purposes only. It was developed and marketed specifically for massage therapists that are required to obtain continuing education hours for licensing purposes. The author is not giving medical, legal or other professional advice.
This course is classified as “Cognitive” learning, meaning that there is no hands-on portion.