This course is designed to offer a detailed introduction to a variety of sleep disorders and to familiarize the practitioner with them in order to raise their confidence when treating a client that has been diagnosed with one.
Upon completion of this home study continuing education course, the massage practitioner should be able to:
- Evaluate the efficacy of massage therapy for sleep disorders.
- Describe the physiology importance of sleep.
- Describe the classification of sleep disorders.
- Compare and contrast the types of sleep disorders.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of insomnia, sleep apnea and narcolepsy.
This course is presented for educational purposes only. It was developed and marketed specifically for massage therapists that are required to obtain continuing education hours for licensing purposes. The author is not giving medical, legal or other professional advice.
This course is classified as “Cognitive” learning, meaning that there is no hands-on portion.