This course is designed to assist massage therapists in developing habits and awareness that will lead to a reduced number of medical errors.
Upon completion of this home study continuing education course, the massage practitioner should be able to:
- Describe the magnitude of medical errors.
- Define the types of medical errors.
- Discuss factors that increase the risk of medical errors.
- Identify populations of special vulnerability.
- Discuss responsibilities for reporting medical errors.
- Identify processes to improve patient outcomes.
- Describe public education measures related to patient safety.
This course is presented for educational purposes only. It was developed and marketed specifically for massage therapists that are required to obtain continuing education hours for licensing purposes. The author is not giving medical, legal or other professional advice.
This course is classified as “Cognitive” learning, meaning that there is no hands-on portion.