Welcome to Tenets of Zen Shiatsu
My name is Michael and I am your NCBTMB Approved continuing education provider. Thanks for taking my course!
To earn your 3 hours of continuing education credit you must read this course (easy) and then take a short quiz on what you read (less easy, but honestly, still not hard).
Taking the quiz
You will find the link to take the quiz at the end of the course.
This continuing education course has been designed to meet the educational needs of massage therapists.
Degree of Difficulty
Text (written material)
This course covers the foundational, core doctrines of Zen Shiatsu and compares them to traditional Shiatsu. It discusses the origin of Shiatsu and traces its history and development. It also covers the scientific efforts being made to prove the existence of Meridians.
Upon completion of this home study continuing education course, the massage practitioner should be able to:
- Identify the foundational, core doctrines of Zen Shiatsu.
- Explain the difference between traditional Shiatsu and ZenShiatsu
- Describe the scientific efforts being made (and presented in this course) to prove the existence of Meridians
- Define the terms Yin/Yang, Chi, Jing, and Shen.
- Identify the “Seven Emotions” in TCM.
- Explain how Meridians are related to the cause of disease in TCM.
This course is presented for educational purposes only. It was developed and marketed specifically for massage therapists that are required to obtain continuing education hours for licensing purposes. The author is not giving medical, legal or other professional advice.
This course is classified as “Cognitive” learning, meaning that there is no hands-on portion.