Welcome to Prevention of Medical Errors
My name is Michael and I am your NCBTMB Approved continuing education provider. Thanks for taking my course!
To earn your 3 hours of continuing education credit you must read this course (easy) and then take a short quiz on what you read (less easy, but honestly, still not hard).
Taking the quiz
You will find the link to take the quiz at the end of the course.
This continuing education course has been designed to meet the educational needs of massage therapists.
Degree of Difficulty
Text (written material)
This course is designed to assist massage therapists in developing habits and awareness that will lead to a reduced number of medical errors.
Upon completion of this home study continuing education course, the massage practitioner should be able to:
- Describe the magnitude of medical errors.
- Define the types of medical errors.
- Discuss factors that increase the risk of medical errors.
- Identify populations of special vulnerability.
- Discuss responsibilities for reporting medical errors.
- Identify processes to improve patient outcomes.
- Describe public education measures related to patient safety.
This course is presented for educational purposes only. It was developed and marketed specifically for massage therapists that are required to obtain continuing education hours for licensing purposes. The author is not giving medical, legal or other professional advice.
This course is classified as “Cognitive” learning, meaning that there is no hands-on portion.